My name is Paul Black, and I am a Georgia attorney whose practice focuses on elder law, estate planning, estate administration (probate), uncontested guardianships and conservatorships, and Special Needs planning. I strive to give each of my clients the same level of care and attention that I would want for my own family members. To learn more about me, visit the About Paul page. If you have legal questions and want to schedule a phone call or an initial in-person consultation, please contact me.
- Through the use of Will-based and Trust-based estate planning, I help clients of all backgrounds protect their current assets, plan for their future, and provide for the next generation.
- I help clients empower trusted people to handle their health care and financial decisions if the clients ever become incapacitated.
- I create Special Needs Trusts to ensure that disabled and special needs individuals can continue to receive Medicaid, SSI, and other means-tested benefits.
- I help clients plan for long-term care and qualify for benefits including Veterans Aid & Attendance and nursing home Medicaid.
- I handle uncontested matters in Georgia probate courts, including estate administration, and guardianship/conservatorship matters.
- For more details, you should click on Practice Areas, or visit the topic-specific FAQ sections of my site.
I am committed to educating seniors, parents, individuals with special needs and their families, and the general public on elder law, estate planning, & special needs planning topics. I provide free presentations on key topics:
- End of Life Decision-Making in Georgia: What You Should Know
- Paying for Long-Term Care in Georgia: Know Your Options
- Why A Will Is Not Enough: An Introduction to Estate Planning in Georgia
- Planning Opportunities for Special Needs Individuals, Disabled Persons, & Personal Injury Settlement Recipients
- Learn more about the Dekalb County Probate Court in this informational guide
- If you are interested in having me speak to your group, please contact my office to discuss availability and scheduling.
Connect With Me Via Social Media:
Awards & Associations
Paul has been named a SuperLawyers “Rising Star” in the area of Estate Planning and as a member of Georgia’s “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend magazine. He is also a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.